With a five point agenda of demands of All India Progressive Women’s Association (AIPWA) gave memorandum to the District Magistrate, addressing Chief Minister.
AIPWA is an NGO that works for the upliftment of the weaker section of women. According to Kumudini Pati, National Secretary of the NGO, “There are many programs floated by Central and State Government for the upliftment of the women, however, due to loop holes and bureaucracy the programs are not implemented to the fullest extent”.
She also told that, inflation is another big issue that has ruined the budget of the “aam women’s house”.
And if, there is a “Employment Guarantee” for rural people then it should be implemented in Urban Areas also. She added, “We are giving this Memorandum addressing to the Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, as he is known for hearing poor people’s demand”.
AIPWA’s five point demand agenda:
1. Homless persons should be benefitted through Indira Awas Yojna
2. Officers must be deputed and authorized for adding names of poor people in BPL
3. Condition of the declaring son’s age in pension form must be removed.
4. NREGA program should be implemented for Urban Areas also.
5. Inflation must be controlled