Water Work Employees, today, gave a six point memorandum addressing the Chief Minister, Ashok Gehlot, to the Divisional Commissioner Subodh Kumar Agrawal, against the alleged cursory work in the PHED (Public Health and Engineering Department ).
Employees reached the Div Commissioner’s office in a procession and gave the memorandum in the name of Chief Minister.
Members of the water workers union told that if their demands were not resolved within 2 months, then they will hold an infinite picket in front of Additional Ex. En’s Office and all the responsibility will be on the Officials of PHED.
Demands of the Water Workers Union
· To promote 8th pass employees to the post of assistants
· New recruitments should be opened
· Departmental promotion (DPC) must be implemented
· Department works should not be delegated to private parties, not even to the Panchayats and the Municipal Council
· Contract workers working in the department should be regularized
· 10th passed employees must be promoted to the post of Store Keeper