The All India University Employee Union, Rajasthan held a press conference to address their issues against the State Government and the University Administration and to release their future protests schedule.
The Employee Union had put up certain demands to the University Administration in 2011 that were not fulfilled. They had further approached the the State Government but were not given a positive response from there as well.
The Union’s demands are,
- In the State University’s Administration Bodies, the academic employees should also have the opportunities to apply for Administrative jobs.
- The employees in the Universities that were converted from Colleges should get Salary scales accordingly.
- The University does not have an appropriate Pension fund. Therefore the State Government should provide enough pension funds to the universities.
- There are a lot of permanent vacancies in the University Colleges from the last 25 years; the temporary and substitute employees working for the Universities should now be promoted to the permanent vacancies. New Employees should thereby be recruited to meet vacant posts arising thereafter.
- The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the concern of the Individuality of a University should be dismissed.
- The Posts that were earlier abolished should be retained and appropriate candidates should be appointed, including the posts abolished before 1st April 2012.
SCHEDULE * Will be wearing a Black Ribbon in protest on 21st June 2012.* Will file a memorandum to the Chief Minster and the Vice-Chancellor through the District Collector on 06-07-2012. * Protest for an hour on 13th July 2012. * ‘Pendown’ and ‘Tooldown’ to stop work on 20th July 2012 and 21st July 2012. * No after hours extra work will be done from the 5th July till 4th August 2012. * Aamaran Anshan from 6th August till 14th August.
The Union had earlier protested in front of the Vidhan Sabha on 26th March 2012 and a letter to the Chief Minister was also written on 3rd May 2012 with their concerns on the demands; no action has resulted so far though.
A schedule for future forms of protests and their dates were also issued in the press conference today.