A house at Sector 5 caught fire due to possible short circuit. No casualties were reported in the incident, as fire brigade controlled the flames.
According to sources, the house of a woman, Chandrakala caught fire today evening; Chandrakala is a rag picker and collects and stores waste material at home. Due to fire, the stored material got destroyed; however Chandrakala and her two daughters were saved unhurt.
Local area corporator Lokesh Gaud said that he already warned the lady not to store waste in her house, but she ignored.
Due to the fire, the wall of neighboring house got slightly damage.