Most of my time over the last few days was spent in worrying over the troubles I had faced with my Cell Phone.
Actually I must say troubles because they were more than one in number and to top it all, unfortunately all had come at the same time.
In addition to the normal hanging of a multimedia mobile phone and its slowing down, can you imagine your cell phone not registering a call log? No notification for text and mail received? Phone memory getting consumed on its own?
Believe me when I say those few days were like a nightmare to me; that period with a trouble making cell phone made me think of a few more things which have been added to the traditional definition of basic necessities “food, cloth and shelter” for any youngsters life. I guess many of you would agree on these as few of the most important things which affects our life and those, I have shortlisted to Five.
1. Mobile Phone: Well, since this made me think all this, hence unquestionably it would be on top of the list. With the developed technology, today’s cell phone is not used simply for making calls as they have a larger role in life, right from sending SMS, checking mails, clicking pictures, surfing net, music, etc. It’s meant to be in touch with anybody and everybody from every corner of the globe. If It refuses to work, it is almost like life has come to a standstill.
2. Computer: Undoubtedly we can say that the modern world runs on computers. It’s become an integral part of our life right from watching movies, listening to music, playing games, preparing office documents, preparing daily planners to internet facilities of emailing, chatting, e-shopping, video-conferencing and social interaction through networking and what not. It’s tough to think about a day without these activities.
3. Vehicle: Not having a personal vehicle won’t be a big deal for people living in metro cities as they have advanced means of public transportation. But for people like us living in small cities it is one of the basic necessities used daily for going to office, visiting friends and family, going around Fateh Sagar and so on. We are so dependent on these vehicles that even if have to go to a general store in just the next row we will pick up our vehicle and drive off. And someday, if the vehicle breaks down, be it a punctured tyre, battery trouble, engine problem or anything else, it is like somebody has a given punishment to stay put.
4. Television: Television too has become a source of refreshment after an exhausting day at office, school and college and is unfortunately also a companion at dinner. Being a source of entertainment, news, information and knowledge it has made a firm place in our daily lives. Even when it’s family time, television is not left out. Remember the days when television producers went on strike in 2008? Days went ahead like there was no drama left to add spice in life.
5. Facebook: Last but definitely not the least important thing in life. It is the epicenter of our generation, ‘FB’. It has brought down the world to one single platform. The best way for all to stay connected with friends, family, business people and sharing you’re every second activity and being updated on what’s going on in others life.