Fire has gutted the kitchen of Bhanvarlal Nagda’s house located at Bhopalwadi today afternoon. Two fire brigade vehicles took control over the flames surrounding the third floor of the building.
The leakage in the LPG cylinder kept in the kitchen is assumed to have caused the fire. However, Nagda’s aged parents Khubilal Nagda and Bhanwari Devi were closely saved by their daughter in law Manju Nagda and Manju’s daughter in law Ruchi who were cooking when they noticed the fire and reacted rapidly and took her parents down.
According to sources, Fire Brigade has also done a commendable work by pulling out 4 fully filled LPG cylinders from the store room of the burning kitchen. Firemen Ayaz Ali and Kamla Shankar were praised for their brave attempt to avoid a worse situation. It took nearly 30 minutes to control the fire.
Bhanvarlal, a businessman, told UT that the whole kitchen is gutted due to the fire, which will cost him nearly One Lac rupees. Fortunately, he said, his family is safe.
Report and Photos by Sohail Khan