Shilpgram the capital villa of West Zone Indian States will turn into an epic showcase of delicious ethnic Indian food this October. So, foodies all around should get sit tight to grab this rare opportunity. Jeeman – Vyanjan Utsav will cater Udaipur’s food enthusiasts including the foreign tourists coming to city of lakes who can also taste the authentic culture of India.
Indian cuisines, being a part of an enriched heritage varies region to region, reflecting richness and variety. India with varied demographics has range of spices and herbs giving exotic tastes and satiation. If you want to experience this richness then Shilpgram is calling you by, “Padharo Mhara Aangan”.
WZCC (West Zone Cultural Centre) is organizing this four days food festival starting from Oct 1st till Oct 4th 2010.
Postponed till Feburary due to Babri Masjid Issue
By the time while you discover varieties of Indian food you can also enjoy folk dances and handicraft, around 200 dancers and other artists are also going to participate in this Food Fair.
To encourage people who love to cook tasty and healthy cuisines a “Recipe Competition” will be organized on 1, Oct, 2010 by College of Home Science, Udaipur and WZCC.
Details of “Recipe Competition” on 1st Oct, 2010:
- The items must be pure vegetarian. Items made of wheat, rice and refined wheat flour (Maida) or semolina (suzi) will not be allowed. Competitions will be in two Categories:–
- The item should not be more than 250 gram in weight/volume
- Competitors need not bring fork, spoons and knives as the same will be arranged by the organizers.
- Organizers will provide tables with covers. Each competitor will be given space of 2’x2’ for keeping item along with recipe (Handwritten or typed on A-4 size paper).
- The items will be placed between 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm. at Sam Complex, Shilpgram Udaipur. There is no need of any decoration around the item.
- All the items will be examined by a jury of 5 members which will be final between 5.00 pm to 6.00 pm thereafter the competitors may stand behind their dishes and explain to visitors.
Important elements for judgment:-
o Novelty o Recipe should be rich in protein / vitamin / iron o Low cost o Value addition such as dish may include pulses with grain or vegetable etc. o Item may be kept in neat and clean hot case, bowl or plate
- Both the competitions will carry 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize and five promotional prizes.
- The prizes along with certificates will be awarded at 8 pm at chaupal of Shilpgram on 1st of October 2010.
- The registration fee per dish is Rs. 100/- . One person can take part in both sweet and savory dishes by depositing Registration fee of Rs. 100/- each.
- Interested candidates may request for the registration form from WZCC, Bagore ki Haveli, Shilpgram and also through email to firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Courtesy: Mr.Vilas Jhanve, Program Officer, West Zone Cultural Centre
[Update] This event is postponed till Feburary 2011 due to Babri Masjid and Ayodhya Issue, we will keep on Updating you.