I might be the first person from Udaipur who doesn’t advise you to plan a holiday trip to Udaipur for this summer. I definitely love my Udaipur and also love to see tourists coming and exploring the unbeatable charm of this city but still this time, the city is not worth visiting, in fact not at all if you are planning your summer vacation in Udaipur.
There are two reasons; I don’t want you to visit Udaipur till mid July.
- Climate: It’s extremely hot here this time. The temperature goes till 40-45 degrees in day. Nights are also not that relaxingly
calm. Heat Strokes and dehydration can make your trip awful. Because most of the tourist places in Udaipur are best to view in day time, you simply cannot escape from the terrible hot weather.
- Electricity: We are facing min 2 hrs of power cut every day; there is no guarantee if lights went off in between their committed power cut time. Electricity is major problem Udaipur is facing since I remember.
Now, if you have already decided, booked tickets, packed your bags and rolled your cameras to make this Udaipur Trip enjoyable then allow me to give you 5 basic tips to help you enjoy The City of Lakes in summer.
- Carry too many light colored, cotton clothes with you. Don’t forget to take a pair of sunglasses or an umbrella.
- Choose a hotel which is equipped with electricity generators. Take an Air Conditioned room.
- Try to grab the beauty of Udaipur early in the morning. You can easily get local transport like auto rickshaws from 5am. But mostly in city center areas. You can also arrange transport from your hotel.
- Try to return back to your hotel before 12pm and don’t dare to go out before 6pm.
- Don’t eat anything anywhere, especially road side food; drink bottled water, a lot.