Broken down by expectations
Buried under unforeseen boundations,
He saw a spiraling light
Fading away from his dismal sight.
Tired of all the cringing
His godforsaken life and deceitful upbringing,
His hands joined,
And head held high,
He committed to a change under the full moon sky..!!!
He dreamt of a place,
Free from casting people out on so-called race.
Where men flew in their creativity,
Making dreams their sole priority.
Where all minds worked as one
And emotions were never shunned.
No shouts, just soft whispers leading the people,
Prayers reaching Jesus from every steeple..!!!
He searched for a stairway to such a place,
Believing it existed in some unseen space.
All it took was a realization,
That such a place is to be made of this civilization.
Whispered his heartbeat,
A revolution is to be brought on each street.
He pledged to be the prophet of this awakenin’,
Indeed, he BELIEVED that THE CHANGE IS IN THE MAKIN’…!!!
Backdrop of the poetry – It is always easy to criticize about things one doesn’t find pleasant around him. But, we refrain from taking a step to do away with ill practices and social evils present in our society. We, the youngsters, have the power to bring about a change that will make this world a better place to live in. When each and every individual wakes up to his call and commit to bring about the change, it will come.
For easier understanding of the poetry-
1. Unforeseen – Not felt or realized beforehand
2. Dismal – Gloomy to the eye
3. Cringing – To shrink back
4. Steeple - A tall tower forming the superstructure of a building, such as a church
5. Pledge – A solemn binding promise to do, give, or refrain from doing something
6. Prophet – A person who speaks by divine inspiration or as the interpreter through whom the will of God is expressed